Thursday, March 26, 2009

Tessellation Self Assessment

Which tessellation did you find more interesting to do? In what ways was it more interesting than the other? Please explain.
I thought that the triangular tessellation was much more interesting to do. The final product turned out to be very interesting, it is fun to look at, and overall I just am much more pleased with it. The rectangular tessellation was a lot easier and it is very plain, and in my opinion, kind of boring. As for the triangular tessellation, it has a lot more complicated steps, but while designing it, it was more enjoyable to design, and I learned a lot more in photoshop during the triangulation tessellation. I really liked it because you start from one triangle, build it up to a hexagon, and then you have your final product, you can see the whole process.

Look at your peers' work on the ning . Which two designs do you find the most successful? What qualities make them so successful?
I think that Devin’s rectangular design was the most successful. Her design is very simple and is pleasing to the eye because of the simplicity. The color choice that Devin chose also makes her design very successful; I really like the shade and how she chose colors that were analogous on the color wheel. Lastly, I like how the pattern inside is a triangle, because it repeats the shape of her design.

I think that Tommy’s triangulation design turned out the most successful. I really like how you can see all of the separate triangles, rather than more of the hexagon look; this makes it very pleasing to the eye. I think that the eye is also really attracted to this particular tessellation because of the colors, it has the light yellow, the purple, and then the bold black, which pulls it altogether. Lastly, I think that Tommy did a very nice job on making the lines match up perfectly so that you can’t see any white spaces!


Looking at the Grading Criteria for each design, how would you rate BOTH designs on a scale of 1-4, 4 being the highest? Please explain each grade.
For my rectangular tessellation, I would rate that design a 3.5. I am giving it a 3.5 because it is a successful design a 4. Also, this design is original, but you can’t tell from your first glance at it, that it is a rhino. For my triangulation tessellation, I would give that a 4. I am giving myself a 4 on this design because it is very unique and original; I am very fond of this design. I think that this design is a perfect example of what the criteria expected, and I also feel like this design goes beyond the standards. Lastly, I really like how the original line has created a shape throughout the whole design and how the shape tessellates into the area that doesn’t have the line too.

No comments:

Post a Comment