Monday, March 16, 2009

Doodle For Google

What three important things did you learn from completing this assignment? Explain why they are important to your learning as a design student?
One very important thing that I learned from completing this assignment was how to use the drawing tool. This tool helped a tremendous amount because it taught me how to be more creative and from learning how to use it, it gave me a lot more confidence about my designs. This tool also allows me to be more original and unique. Another tool that I learned to use more was the magic wand tool. During this project, I learned how to actually use it, and I am no longer just messing around with it. In my opinion, this tool is one of the most helpful tools on photoshop; it makes everything a lot more simple and easier when creating a successful design. The final tool that was really helpful when creating a design was the stamp tool. When I was exploring the internet, I would find a texturized pattern that I really liked. With the stamp tool I could copy that pattern, but I didn’t have to copy the whole design, so it was still mine. This tool became very useful while doing this particular design, and it made it a lot easier to think outside the box for my google designs.

A Peaceful and Green World:

“What I wish for the World...” is that our world will become united as one and not separated by countries. I wish that our world will not have anymore wars; there will be peace on earth. I also wish that along with peace, that we will learn to become am more ‘green’ world.

Based on the feedback that I received from my peers all I did was change the background color of the globe. It was a little hard to see before because it was darker, but since I changed the color to a lighter shade of green, it makes my google design a lot easier to look at. This advice really helped my design and it doesn’t look as crowded because of the color change that I made.

I would give my this design a 3. I am giving myself a 3 on this design because it has a lot going on, and isn’t as simple as I had originally hoped for. I think that my design is very creative and unique, but it just has a little too much going on, which doesn’t make it as successful. I really like how I kept the original google letters because it makes it very easy to understand what this design was for.

A Clean World:

“What I wish for the World...” is that we can become green. I wish that our world can learn how to recycle and clean up after themselves. I wish that we could all think of what is best for our world and become green!

Based on the feedback that I received from my peers I improved my design by taking out the clip art broom image. Instead, I replaced the clip art with an original painting that I drew of a broom. I thought that the feedback from my peers was very helpful and it made my design a lot more successful and original.

I would give this design a 4. I am giving this design a 4 because I think that it is very successful and creative. The theme is very easily portrayed in this design, and the simplicity of this design makes it very pleasing to the eye. I love how I kept the same google letters, but I changed them all to green to make my message more clear. By having the broom as the letter “L” it makes it more unique and it also adds a little more to the google design, making it not as boring. Also, by repeating the same design for the “O’s” it makes it clear what the theme is, and it keeps the simpleness to the design.

No comments:

Post a Comment