Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Text Designs with Reflection

Which one of the four of your Text Designs is the most successful? In what ways? Please be specific.
I think that my most successful Text Design is “A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion.” This design is simple and it’s to the point. Even though it is simple it interprets the pun well. In the design everything blends in well and it looks complete, like an original picture, rather than being made in photoshop.

List some of the tools that you learned and used in this assignment. Which ones did you find the most helpful and in what ways?
During this assignment I learned how to use a variety of tools. Such as the magic wand, the stamp, the eraser tool, and the lasso tool. The tool that I thought was the most helpful throughout the project was by far the eraser and lasso tool. These two tools were very helpful when you only wanted to cut out a certain part of a picture, or when you wanted to erase a certain part of a picture. Once you cut out a piece of a picture that you didn’t want, you could fill that area in with its surroundings by using the stamp tool; this made everything blend together very well. Also, the magic wand was helpful because it made it easier to make an object a certain color altogether.

With regards to Design concepts and/or Photoshop tools, what do you think you need to know and what do you want to know?
Overall, I think that expanding my knowledge altogether in photoshop would be very useful, and in the end it will be very helpful in the outcome of my designs. By learning photoshop my designs will be a much better result. I know that there are a lot of tools and other ways to be creative while creating designs, but I am not really sure what they are, so I guess that I just need to become more familiar with the program so that my designs can be more successful.


Text Design #4



















Text Design #3




















Text Design #2





















Text Design #1

No comments:

Post a Comment